Wednesday, April 27, 2016

When soap dreams don't come true



My Painter's Palette soap on the inside. I had been dreaming about making a cold process rainbow and white soap for a while. I used the recipe I always do when I work with more intricate designs. I still don't know what caused it to accelerate, when this happens it gets really thick, really quick. So instead of slowly putting this design together, I was rushed. I went to pour the red and it wasn't coming out of the container, so from there I was glopping it in the mold and trying my best to achieve the look I was going for.

Having said that, I do like the inside, even though it wasn't what I had hoped for. I plan to try again in a few weeks, I have a lot of soaps in my queue currently. Tomorrow I am making palm free Dandelion & Calendula soap. I have my organic dandelion tops and calendula steeping!

No comments:

Post a Comment